POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blind Lemon Jefferson : Re: Blind Lemon Jefferson Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blind Lemon Jefferson
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 1 May 2004 12:04:42
Message: <4093ca9a$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

>>Adaptive AA is basically the same as doing a larger
>>render but is computationally cheaper.
>

> No, it doesnt.
>
> Try rendering one of most aliasing patter - black&white checke (ambietn 1)
> and try if You can rid of aliasing even with very strong aa

Umm, yes I can. Just try with "+a0.0 +am2 +r5" for starters - the
checkered plane looks quite good in the horizont at least with 640x480.
Then test how much bigger you have to render without AA and resize to
get same results - 6400x4800 was (obviously) not enough . And read the
description from manual. You won't see good results if you use too big
value with +an.n.

Severi